My lovely followers

Monday, 9 September 2013

Sketch n Stash challenge #121

Hello my dear friends, I can't believe it is two weeks since I last made a card where does the time go? well actually I know exactly where it goes !!!! work, babysitting/visiting our gorgeous grandchildren, housework, visiting mum in hospital etc etc . 
It's a twelve hour shift for me in work today so if I don't fall asleep when I get home I will catch up with you all. I have a late start Tuesday and Wednesday and two days off Thursday and Friday and I intend making some cards, fingers crossed.

So onto my DT card for the sketch n stash challenge blog
and if you pop on over to the blog you can check out last fortnights winner and top 3 and also have a peep at what the rest of the lovely team have created. This is the sketch to follow and our lovely team buddy Julie has chosen the optional theme of 'time/vintage'  
optional theme time/vintage
We are being sponsored by Live & Love crafts who are very generously offering the winner a £10 voucher to spend in their on line store and they have some gorgeous goodies to choose from.
One of the doctors at work is retiring so I made this card for him although I doubt very much if the NHS budget will stretch to a gold pocket watch as a leaving present LOL.
Items used
Papermania chronology collection papers
gold peel off around the watch and a chain from a broken necklace to attach it to the button
the little clock face is from a necklace with lots of little charms on that I found at a car boot sale. 
everything has been 'aged' with Tim Holtz distress ink

Thank you for your visit today and for any comments you may leave I really do appreciate you taking the time and I love to read them 
hugs to you all
♥Janet♥

12 comments:

Wendy L said...

Great card Janet, nice to see you back. You lead such a busy life. Love the sentiment on this and it all blends well together for a perfect retirement card, xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Janet,love the design and fab details.xxx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Janet, I love the design and wonderful detailing.
It sounds like you are very busy, I hope you get some chance to relax soon
hugs Sue xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Janet - love the fabulous DP's and beautiful details - perfect for the occasion.
Thanks for popping by my blog and your lovely comment.
Debs xx

Daniele said...

bet he was thrilled to bits to recieve such a lovely card, love the chain hanging from the watch nice touch
hugs

coops said...

so stunning janet.fabulous design with all the clocks and i love your colours :D

xx coops xx

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Janet - fab vintage design and perfect for your retirement card!! Hugs, Juliexx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Janet, I like the watch image and the papers.
Kevin xx

Jules said...

Great card Janet.

Just perfect for a retirement card .. .. but it would make a fabby male birthday card too!

Love the backing paper and your colour choices.

Love Jules xx

Bea und Doreen said...

gorgeous card Janet - love the design and the sentiment
big hugs
Doreen xx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Great card Janet, I always struggle with masculine cards but this would be just perfect
Hugs Julie x

Chrissie said...

Such a lovely vintage card Janet and I love the way you've achieved a masculine look to it, clever girl!
Chrissie xx